How to properly use an adjustable desk? When you start using an adjustable desk, you must determine your optimum and correct height to maintain your best edge. Otherwise, you won't be able to use your new desk, which is the equivalent of buying nothing.
Some might say that the optimal height for a desk is 80cm (when sitting) and 150cm (when standing), but I would say it's not fixed. Different people will have different heights. If you prefer, I recommend a height-adjustable desk.
You need to fully understand and consider the factors between you and your desk. Here are all the factors I need to consider for you:
First, you need to follow the basics of ergonomic chairs to set the height of the adjustable desk - before using the desk
- A well-designed, ergonomically advanced seat that allows you to maintain a variety of healthy postures throughout the day and contributes to worker health and productivity.
- Your neck needs to be kept straight or slightly forward.
- The shoulders should be relaxed and the arms should hang down naturally.
- The backrest is in full contact with the backrest (sitting on the chair all the time).
- Elbows and forearms can rest comfortably on the armrest of a chair or on a workbench.
- Your lower back is suitable for curved lumbar support.
- Tension adjustment allows the backrest to easily recline while providing smooth, even support and encouraging posture changes.
- Make sure your thighs are parallel to the floor and your feet are flat on the floor or footrest.
- Keep the forearm parallel to the floor when pressing a key or moving the mouse.
- The top of the monitor should be at eye level.
- The screen is 20~30 inches away from the eyes. The screen is at a slightly lower line of sight, directly in front of the worker, so the head doesn't turn.
Second, the basics of standing and monitor arm positioning to set a standing desk height
- The height-adjustable desk in combination with the monitor arm allows you to maintain a variety of healthy postures throughout the day and helps improve employee happiness and productivity.
- The top of the monitor should be 0° to 20° below the horizontal line of sight.
- Avoid locking your knees to help maintain good posture.
- Feet should be flat on the floor or use a footrest or footrest.
Adjust the height to suit you with an adjustable desk. Get serious about the details of the adjustable desk and you'll find that everything turns out to be real, useful, and beautiful.